Last updated: April 18, 2016
www.meganfreeland.com (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.meganfreeland.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, postal address (“Personal Information”).
The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the Service and for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Service.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance With Laws
We may disclose personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Australia and process it there.
Access and Correction
Australian Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us using the details above with the following information:
Your name and address;
Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.
Retention of Information
We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers or replace it with the Personal Information of the Children’s parent or guardian.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
www.meganfreeland.com TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY VISITING www.meganfreeland.com, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
By using www.meganfreeland.com, referred to as this “Site”, all visitors, referred to as “user”, “you” and “your” are bound by these Terms and Conditions. The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Meganfreeland.com (“Company”). By accessing any area of this Site shall be deemed a use of the Site and an acceptance to the terms and conditions provided herein.
Information provided on the Site and related to our service of selling books, ebooks, providing consultations/guidance services and opinion/creative writing services/blog writing (the “Service”) is subject to change. Company makes no representation or warranty that the information provided is accurate.
In order to use the Site and Service, you may be required to provide information about yourself including your name, email address, and other personal information. You agree that any registration information you give to Company will always be accurate, correct and up to date. You shall only be allowed to provide your own personal information and not the information of others.
You may use the Site and Service for lawful purposes only. You shall not post on the Site anything that is false, defamatory, misrepresenting, or would interfere with or restrict any other user from using the Site. This includes, but is not limited to, posting anything unlawful, obscene, libelous, indecent, invasive of privacy, or anything that would cause the potential for civil liability or criminal charges.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions listed here may cause you to be removed from the Site.
The Site and Service contain intellectual property owned by Company, including, without limitation, trademarks, copyrights, proprietary information and other intellectual property as well as the Company name, logo, all designs, text, graphics, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof. You may not use in any format whatsoever any of the Site or Service content or intellectual property, in whole or in part without our prior written consent. Any copyright infringement will result in legal action taken on behalf of the Company.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OR OTHERWISE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE. ADDITIONALLY, COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH (I) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, DENIAL OF SERVICE, ATTACK, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE; (II) LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS, SAVINGS, GOODWILL OR DATA; AND (III) THIRD PARTY THEFT OF, DESTRUCTION OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION OR PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF OUR NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES IN NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LEGAL LIABILITY. THE FOREGOING APPLIES EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN THE DAMAGES. IN THOSE STATES THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR THE DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $100.
The Site and the Service may contain links to third party websites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the information or services of these third party websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by or affiliation with Company. Unless otherwise stated, these Terms and Conditions only cover the use of this Site. Any other link will be covered by the terms and conditions of that specific site. You acknowledge and accept that we are not responsible for the terms or practices of third parties. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
You shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, as well as third party claims and causes of action, including, without limitation, legal fees, resulting from your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or any use by you of the Site or Service. You shall bear the sole financial burden in connection with any such defense, including, without limitation, providing us with such information, documentation and reasonable access to you, as we deem necessary. You shall not settle any third party claim or waive any defense without our prior written consent.
GOVERNING LAW; VENUE; MEDIATION
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of Queensland, exclusive of its choice of law rules. The parties agree to attempt to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions first by good faith negotiation. The exclusive venue for any arbitration or court proceeding based on or arising out of this Agreement shall be Brisbane, Queensland and any such award shall be binding on the parties. The prevailing party or parties shall be entitled to recover reasonable legal fees and other costs incurred in that action or proceeding, in addition to any other relief to which it or they may be entitled.
Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions be or become invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under applicable law, the other provisions shall not be affected and shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions bind and inure to the benefit of the parties’ successors and assigns. These Terms and Conditions are not assignable; any transfer, assignment or delegation by you is invalid.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its relationship and supersede all prior oral or written agreements, understandings and representations to the extent that they relate in any way to the subject matter hereof. No waiver of any of the provisions shall bind either party unless set forth in a writing specifying such waiver, consent or amendment signed by both parties.
The headings of these Terms and Conditions are provided for convenience only and shall not affect its construction or interpretation.
By using the Site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, without modification, and acknowledge reading them. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions or to impose new conditions on use of the Site, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised Terms and Conditions on this Site. By continuing to use the Site after we post any such changes means you accept the new Terms and Conditions with the modifications.
To access or use the Site, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions.
Updated: May, 2016
PRODUCT PURCHASE AGREEMENT
PRODUCT PURCHASE AGREEMENT
This Terms of Purchase Agreement (the “Agreement”), is made by and between [www.meganfreeland.com] (hereafter known as “Company”), and you (hereafter known as “Purchaser”, and collectively, the “Parties”).
By purchasing a Product (as defined below) from Company, Purchaser agrees to the following terms:
Company provides Books as physical products and as information products, for example E-books and Guidance Sessions (herein referred to as the “Products”). Purchaser agrees to abide by all policies and procedures as outlined in this agreement as a condition of their purchase.
In regard to physical products eg Books, no refund will be issued, unless proof is supplied that the product is in some manner faulty. The company cannot be responsible for any damage that occurs during shipping, however will in good faith provide a replacement product on a case by case basis. (see guarantee/warranty terms)
The medium/intuitive/reader/channel/consultant prides herself on the quality of services provided. If you are not satisfied with your reading or healing within the first 5 minutes of engaging in the services or during the first week of a course, it is your responsibility as the client to advise the medium/intuitive/reader/channel of your concerns and/or to request clarification at this time. The medium/intuitive/reader/channel will provide you with further clarification where possible. As a general rule, refunds are not offered on readings, healings, courses, consults or mentoring sessions, however credit may be offered for use in a future session or can be transferred to another person, service or course upon mutual agreement by both parties. If any course/workshop provided is cancelled by the medium/intuitive/reader/channel, you will be contacted and offered to have the funds transferred for use on another service/workshop or alternative date or for a full refund to be provided. Agreements reached by both parties about credit for other services/workshops, alternative date or a refund will be strictly adhered to with no further discussions being entered into after a decision has been made by the client. If you cancel your attendance at any course, workshop, mentoring session or event within 8 days prior to the course/workshop/session/event a full refund will be issued (unless otherwise stated). If you cancel your attendance at any course/workshop/session/event provided by the medium/intuitive/reader/channel within 7 days of the scheduled course/workshop/session/event no refund will be offered. You may be offered the opportunity to transfer the funds paid for use on an alternative service/course/session/workshop where agreed to by all parties. If you are unable to complete a scheduled course enrolled in within the stated start and completion dates, as outlined at the time of booking, please contact the medium/intuitive/reader/channel to discuss your circumstances and all reasonable opportunities will be provided to support you in undertaking the course which fit within the normal operation of the business. As a general rule, all course start and end dates will be strictly adhered to
Company warrants and guarantees that the product (physical product) is fit for its particular use. Should you receive a productive that is defective, you have 30 days from the date of the order to notify Company of its defect in order to receive a replacement at no cost. (excluding shipping costs)
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK. Purchaser agrees to accept all risk associated with the use of any Product, including but not limited to, ingestion of or application to Purchaser’s person, the use of any Product personally or in business, all taxes and regulations applicable to any Product, all legal compliance issues related to any Product. Purchaser understands that the Company is disclaiming all liability from harm of any kind or nature caused directly or indirect from any Product.
Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company, its affiliates, and its respective officers, directors, agents, employees, and other independent contractors from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including legal fees and costs, arising out of, or relating to, Purchaser’s action(s) under this Agreement or misuse of a Product. Purchaser agrees to defend against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, lawsuits, and/or judgments arising out of, or relating to, the Purchaser’s participation under this Agreement, unless expressly stated otherwise by Company, in writing.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Purchaser agrees that the Company’s liability for any reason shall be no more than the total purchase price of the Product purchased.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
If a dispute is not resolved first by good-faith negotiation between the Parties to this Agreement, every controversy or dispute to this Agreement will be submitted to the LEADR and IAMA. The arbitration shall occur within ninety-(90)-days from the date of the initial arbitration demand and shall take place in Brisbane, Queensland. The Parties shall cooperate in exchanging and expediting discovery as part of the arbitration process and shall cooperate with each other to ensure that the arbitration process is completed within the ninety-(90)-day period. The written decision of the arbitrators (which will provide for the payment of costs, including legal fees) will be absolutely binding and conclusive and not subject to judicial review, and may be entered and enforced in any court of proper jurisdiction, either as a judgment of law or decree in equity, as circumstances may indicate.
- GOVERNING LAW.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Queensland, regardless of the conflict of laws principles thereof.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT; AMENDMENT; HEADINGS.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to its relationship, and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, understandings and representations to the extent that they relate in any way to the subject matter hereof. Neither course of performance, nor course of dealing, nor usage of trade, shall be used to qualify, explain, supplement or otherwise modify any of the provisions of this Agreement. No amendment of, or any consent with respect to, any provision of this Agreement shall bind either party unless set forth in a writing, specifying such waiver, consent, or amendment, signed by both parties. The headings of Sections in this Agreement are provided for convenience only and shall not affect its construction or interpretation.
Should any provision of this Agreement be or become invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under applicable law, the other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected and shall remain in full force and effect.
The waiver or failure of Company to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further right hereunder.
- PRICING: All prices on www.meganfreeland.com are in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS and are subject to change without notice
To Provide a more detailed understanding with regard to the provision of any kind of guidance/mentoring/spiritual consultation/healing or reading service Megan Freeland also wishes to advise:
CODE OF ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR
- Interpretation & Suggestions: Megan Freeland is first and foremost a intuitive/reader/channel/writer and not a fortune teller, therefore, details or information about events in the future will not be provided because the future is never etched in stone and a reading can only indicate possible outcomes/opportunities. As such, your reading/healing/course/mentoring is intended to provide you with insight into your current path and offer you objective and unbiased suggestions to manifest positive solutions to your concerns so that you can make our own future. Remember, the insights provided are insights only. To act or not act on them is at your own discretion. Any decisions you make based on a reading/healing/course/mentoring are your own responsibility. Readings are for entertainment purposes only.
- Questions: The intuitive/reader/channel reserves the right to refuse to answer any question considered unsuitable or inappropriate. The medium/intuitive/reader/channel/writer will, however, discuss any aspect of your reading and help you to phrase your question in a way that will give you the best results.
- Honesty & Respect: All readings/healings/courses/mentoring sessions conducted by the intuitive/reader/channel will be completed and interpreted to the best of her ability with honesty, integrity and respect. In doing so, she will give an honest opinion while maintaining a degree of sensitivity and will not impose information on you that you have clearly indicated that you do not wish to know or explore in depth.
- Compassionate & Non-Judgemental: The intuitive/reader/channel/writer will give you full attention and listen attentively to what is being said, so as to provide a useful, supportive, compassion and non-judgemental reading/healing/course/mentoring experience. During your session you are also asked to maintain an open heart and mind in order to allow the information to flow fully without judgement.
- Empowering & Encouraging: The medium/intuitive/reader/channel will strive to make your reading/healing/course/mentoring a blessing that leaves you with a sense of renewed strength and hope by finishing on a positive, encouraging note. All reading/healing/course/mentoring also aim to empower you to make your own practical, life-affirming decisions to manifest positive solutions to any concerns.
- Responsibility for decisions: The intuitive/reader/channel/writer will not tell you what to do, what choices you should make or that you should or should not pursue a particular course of action as you have the free will to choose whether or not you will follow any guidance gained whether from a reading/healing or during courses or mentoring sessions. You will be supported and encouraged to make your own healthy choices, to take responsibility for your own decisions and actions, for how to live your life and the direction you choose for your future to take for the greater good of all concerned, with harm to none. You understand that in no way is the intuitive/reader/channel/writer responsible or liable for anything you might do with the information given during a reading/healing or from courses or mentoring sessions. It is up to you, the client, to wisely use your own judgment to make decisions in your own life. Remember, as the future is never etched in stone, you have the power to change your future. Readings are for entertainment purposes only.
- Medical, legal or financial advice: All reading are conducted for entertainment purposes only and are not meant to replace or substitute proper medical, psychological care or professional advice from other relevant practitioners. The intuitive/reader/channel/writer is not qualified to treat, diagnose, or prescribe anything for physical or psychological illnesses or disorders or conduct readings in order to provide you with medical, legal or financial advice. If you have a medical, health or psychological ailment you are advised to seek a medical or mental health professional for the appropriate professional care. All healing- products/services and/or workshops are seen as Complementary therapies which do not aim to cure illness but rather to support, enhance and complement mainstream treatment or care.
- Readings for Children & Others: The intuitive/reader/channel will not conduct a reading to see what someone other than you is doing or feeling as this is a violation of their privacy and free will. The medium/intuitive/reader/channel/writer will not conduct a reading for anyone under 18 years of age without a parent or guardians permission.
- Frequency of Readings: The intuitive/reader/channe/writerl will not do a reading for you more than once per three months (at most), especially on the same subject, as this may mean you become overly dependent upon this service and avoid making decisions, taking responsibility, or not listening to the advice from the previous reading/healing/course/mentoring session. The intuitive/reader/channel/writer will also not pressure you to return for further readings/healings/courses/mentoring or other services.
- Referrals: The intuitive/reader/channel/writer will not refer you to another professional reader or healer in anticipation of acquiring kickbacks or other compensation.
- Bookings: All appointments are prepaid and must be booked either via the online booking system or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined. A rebooking fee of $25 may be charged if you change your appointment with less than 24 hours notice. Bookings which are not paid prior to the scheduled appointment time will be cancelled. If you do not answer or are a “no show” for an online reading your appointment will be cancelled with no refund issued.
- Refusal & Termination of Readings: The intuitive/reader/channel/writer reserves the right to refuse any potential client or to terminate a reading/healing or participation in a course or mentoring session with a current client at any time. Where no time, energy or information has been exchanged, any compensation for such a services will be returned as per the refund policy
- Pricing: All prices are in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS and are subject to change without notice. All fees and terms of trade will be clearly stated and agreed to prior to a reading/healing/course/mentoring session. No additional charges will be added or suggested. The intuitive/reader/channel/writer maintains and reserves the right to make changes to prices per specials, supply costs, labour increases and misprints.